Category Advisor, St. John's
Location: St. John's, NL
Travel: Maybe be required to travel overseas or to the US
The Category Advisor (Asset Life Extension Project) position will develop and execute an innovative contracting strategy for the SeaRose FPSO offstation/asset life extension program. Focus shall be on highly critical areas that will impact the overall successful execution of this scope of work. The Category Analyst shall be responsible for executing all aspects of Husky’s Strategic Sourcing Methodology (HSSM), as applicable to the role, in accordance with the expectations and requirements of
HOIMS. Specifically, the Category Analyst is responsible for ensuring suppliers are appropriately qualified, selected, and monitored for performance in accordance with HSSM and the standards defined by HOIMS. In collaboration with business unit stakeholders, the Category Analyst will ensure contracts clearly define expectations, deliverables and any other requirements as deemed necessary to meet Husky’s business standards.
The Category Analyst will manage the relationship between Husky and the selected shipyard, but will also liaise with other SCM personnel managing other Atlantic Region contracts that will be required to support the overall program. The Category Analyst will manage all scopes of work under these contracts to ensure timely completion and safe execution of the scope.
The Category Analyst will also source and manage all new contracts required to support the scope of work. Adherence to all SCM policies and procedures regarding sourcing and approvals is mandatory.
• Develop sourcing strategies through Husky’s strategic sourcing process. Considering both strategic and tactical levers. Ensuring all stakeholders are engaged and potential risk are mitigated
• Establish delivery plans with considerations for time constraints of the project. Develop clear roles and responsibilities and robust stakeholder management strategies.
• Ensure Category management processes are followed from conception to close-out, in accordance with Husky’s Supply Chain management policy, Husky’s Operational Integrity Management System (HOMIS), the Governance and Enablement Group and all relevant regulatory requirements. Ensure tools and technology are used where applicable.
• Manage the evaluation of all bids against pre-defined criteria, including management of crossfunctional stakeholder groups. Ensure award recommendations are prepared and approved as per internal requirements, including joint venture partners and regulatory approvals.
• Manage business stakeholder’s relationships within the region including KPIs, strategies and objectives.
Must Have Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree in a technical or business discipline.
• 10+ years of experience within category management, strategic sourcing or supply chain
• 5+ years of experience in offshore industry
• Previous ship yard contracting experience
Nice to Have Qualifications:
• Professional Supply Chain certification (SCMP,CSCP,CPM,CPSM)
• Previous experience with project in access of $100 million dollars
Based in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
Local Newfoundland and Labrador Candidates are preferred.