Junior/Intermediate Electrical Designer, St. John's
Connex Personnel Inc. is searching for a Junior/Intermediate Electrical Designer for an opportunity in St. John’s, NL.
The engineer will work as part of an offshore oil and gas engineering team to evaluate, select, specify, certain electrical power, heat tracing and lighting systems or products for the offshore facility. The Junior/Intermediate Electrical Designer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations and field work.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Supports the team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Coordinates with other disciplines to ensure compatibility with the Basis of Design and technical specifications.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of electrical systems and materials.
- Originate electrical design documents including but not limited to heat trace isometrics, panel board schedules, and single lines
- Generate material take-offs and bill of material reports
- Ensure all HSEQ requirements are met within the Electrical discipline in accordance with Corporate procedures and management systems
- Travel offshore on an as-needed basis to complete electrical surveys
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Knowledge and application of the Canadian Electrical Code and other pertinent codes.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
Education and Experience:
- Technical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in relevant electrical design work experience in the oil and gas, mining, utility or heavy industrial industry.
- Offshore oil and gas design experience would be an asset.