Junior/Intermediate Electrical Engineer, St. John's, NL
Connex Personnel Inc. is searching for a Junior/Intermediate Electrical Engineer for an opportunity in St. John’s, NL.
The engineer will work as part of an offshore oil and gas engineering team to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer certain electrical power, heat tracing and lighting systems or products for the offshore facility. The Junior/Intermediate Electrical Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations and field work.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Supports the team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Coordinates with other disciplines to ensure compatibility with the Basis of Design and technical specifications.
- Assists in the review of shop drawings and submittals, responds to request for information, prepares site observation reports, and performs other contract administration tasks.
- Assists with the development of job specific discipline technical specifications.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of electrical systems and materials.
- Originate electrical design documents including but not limited to heat trace isometrics, panel board schedules, and single lines
- Generate material take-offs and bill of material reports
- Provides oversight to electrical designers for the development and issuance of engineering deliverables.
- Performs calculations to analyze and design electrical system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Knowledge and application of the Canadian Electrical Code and other pertinent codes.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Thorough understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer with PEGNL or eligible for registration with PEGNL.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering environment in the oil and gas, mining, utility or heavy industrial industry.
- Offshore oil and gas design engineering would be an asset.