Junior/Intermediate Instrument Designer, St. John's
Connex Personnel Inc. is searching for a Junior/Intermediate Instrument Designer for an opportunity in St. John’s, NL.
The engineer will work as part of an offshore oil and gas engineering team to evaluate, select, specify instrumentation for the offshore facility. The Junior/Intermediate Instrument Designer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations and field work.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, lists and other visual formats.
- Assists with the development of job specific discipline technical documentation.
- Performs calculations to analyze and design instrumentation and controls components using company standard software and
- proprietary manufacturer software.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Knowledge of instrumentation design best practices
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
Education and Experience:
- Technical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools - Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an instrument designer in the oil and gas, mining, utility or heavy industrial industry.
- Experience using SmartPlant INtools would be an asset.
- Offshore oil and gas design engineering experience would be an asset.