Junior/Intermediate Mechanical Engineer, St. John's, NL
Connex Personnel Inc. is searching for a Junior/Intermediate Mechanical Engineer for an opportunity in St. John’s, NL.
The engineer will work as part of an offshore oil and gas engineering team to evaluate, select, specify mechanical items for the offshore facility. The Junior/Intermediate Mechanical Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, mechanical package management and field work.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Ensuring project schedules and client approved budgets are managed
- Preparing detailed Cost, Time & Resource estimates based on client supplied work scopes
- Ensure design, analysis and specifications are in accordance with applicable codes, governing statutory regulations, Wood procedures, offshore installation specific design philosophies and meet project objectives and industry best practice
- Adhering to all HSEQ requirements within the mechanical discipline in accordance with Company procedures and management systems
- Originating and checking of documentation including but not limited to specifications, data sheets, SDRL’s, and reports
- Preparing BOM’s and RFQ’s for Mechanical equipment
- Package Management
- Travelling offshore as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Knowledge of design codes and standards applicable to offshore facilities.
- Thorough understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls or Electronics discipline or equivalent Professional Qualification.
- Registered Professional Engineer with PEGNL or eligible for registration with PEGNL.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in an instrument engineering environment in the oil and gas, mining, utility or heavy industrial industry.
Offshore oil and gas experience would be an asset.