Junior/Intermediate Piping Designer, St. John's, NL
Connex Personnel Inc. is searching for a Junior/Intermediate Piping Designer for an opportunity in St. John’s, NL.
The engineer will work as part of an offshore oil and gas engineering team to evaluate, select, specify piping items for the offshore facility. The Junior/Intermediate Piping Designer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations and field work.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Piping design work to meet Client requirements and specifications
- Originate piping design documents
- Generate material take-offs and bill of material reports
- Ensure all HSEQ requirements are met within the piping discipline in accordance with Corporate procedures and management systems
- Travel offshore on an as-needed basis to complete piping surveys
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Knowledge of design codes and standards applicable to offshore facilities.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
Education and Experience:
- Technical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools - Word/Excel/PowerPoint to advanced template creation and document/data management level would be considered an asset
- Knowledge/experience using AutoCAD and PDMS
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in structural design in the oil and gas, mining, utility or heavy industrial industry.
- Offshore oil and gas design engineering experience would be an asset.