Junior/Intermediate Structural Designer, St. John's, NL
Connex Personnel Inc. is searching for a Junior/Intermediate Structural Designer for an opportunity in St. John’s, NL.
The designer will work as part of an offshore oil and gas engineering team to design structural items for the offshore facility. The Junior/Intermediate Structural Designer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations and field work.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Completing structural design work to meet client requirements and specifications
Preparing cost estimates and track project progress
Originating structural design documents
Ensuring all HSEQ requirements are met within the Structural discipline in accordance with Corporate procedures and management systems
Offshore travel on an as-needed basis to complete surveys
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Knowledge of design codes and standards applicable to offshore facilities.
- Thorough understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
Education and Experience:
- Technical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools - Word/Excel/PowerPoint to advanced template creation and document/data management level would be considered an asset
- Knowledge/experience using AutoCAD and PDMS
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in structural design in the oil and gas, mining, utility or heavy industrial industry.
- Offshore oil and gas design engineering experience would be an asset.