Junior/Intermediate Structural Engineer, St. John's, NL
Connex Personnel Inc. is searching for a Junior/Intermediate Structural Engineer for an opportunity in St. John’s, NL.
The engineer will work as part of an offshore oil and gas engineering team to evaluate, select, specify structural items for the offshore facility. The Junior/Intermediate Structural Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations and field work.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Completing structural engineering work to meet client requirements and specifications
- Originating structural engineering documents
- Ensuring project schedules and client approved budgets are managed
- Preparing detailed Cost, Time & Resource estimates based on client supplied work scopes
- Ensure design, analysis and specifications are in accordance with applicable codes, governing statutory regulations, procedures, offshore installation specific design philosophies and meet project objectives and industry best practice
- Ensuring all HSEQ requirements are met within the Structural discipline in accordance with Corporate procedures and management systems
- Originating and checking of documentation including but not limited to specifications, data sheets, SDRL’s, and reports
- Travelling offshore as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Knowledge of design codes and standards applicable to offshore facilities.
- Thorough understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
Education and Experience:
- Engineering Degree and Professional Engineer registered (or eligible for registration) with the Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador, with relevant work experience.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools - Word/Excel/PowerPoint to advanced template creation and document/data management level would be considered an asset
- Knowledge/experience using STADD and ABAQUS would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in structural engineering in the oil and gas, mining, utility or heavy industrial industry.
- Offshore oil and gas design engineering experience would be an asset.