Senior Mechanical Engineer, St. John's, NL
Connex Personnel Inc. is searching for a Senior Mechnical Engineer for an opportunity in St. John’s, NL.
Topsides – Wellhead Platform Project is hiring a Mechanical Engineer for their WHP Project Team. This role is responsible for supporting project scopes related to mechanical equipment, HVAC and piping systems on the WWRP Topsides. Coordinating with the WWRP Engineering Contractor and the WWRP Project Team during the design, engineering, specification preparation, selection, manufacturing, testing, installation and commissioning of Topsides Mechanical equipment.
• Assisting the Manager, Topsides Engineering by providing mechanical engineering expertise for work related to the Topsides mechanical equipment, HVAC and piping systems.
• Providing mechanical engineering review and input to the WWRP Follow-On Engineering Contractor to complete the remaining topsides engineering scope.
• Reviewing and commenting on Follow-On Engineering Contractor documentation to ensure suitability of mechanical and piping design and equipment selection and ensure appropriate specification are used for mechanical equipment and systems.
• Providing technical input to contracting, procurement strategies and procedures for mechanical equipment and construction of the WWRP Project.
• Attending Factory Acceptance Testing as necessary to ensure compliance with specified requirements.
• Providing engineering and construction knowledge to the Manager, Topsides Engineering for coordinating with WWRP Project Engineering and Construction Contractors on mechanical systems and interfaces.
• Play an integral role in design and constructability reviews.
• Ensuring appropriate attention is paid to capital cost, ongoing operation costs and reliability.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Member in good standing or eligible for Professional Engineer status with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in oil & gas industry, with focus on offshore developments.
• Experience with packaged equipment procurement, HVAC and Piping Systems.
• Knowledge of and practical experience in monitoring engineering work for a large project with EPC Contractor.
• Experience working in a large project multi-discipline environment.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience working with accredited Mechanical equipment vendors, either from the EPC or Client side, monitoring fabrication and providing quality assurance of the works.
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
•Training in Project Management Principles considered an asset.
May require periodic visits, as required, to the Topsides Engineering Contractor’s office in Houston, TX, or the Topsides Fabrication Site in Ingleside, TX
Local Newfoundland and Labrador candidates preferred